The IPL fever is slowly rising, and the lookout for the Best Strike Rates in IPL History is rising all the more. Now there has been a lot of cheer about the auction of the IPL, but today we are going to trace back to the history of IPL in which we can know about the best of the strikers as well. You must be pretty excited to know about the fact that today we will list the Top 5 Best Strike Rates in IPL History, so Let us get going.
Top Five Batsmen with Best Strike Rates in IPL History:
- Yusuf Pathan– This is a right handed batsman who is indeed famous for all his star performances. He has played got the Rajasthan Royals in the first season of the IPL and in that itself, he was able to make the fastest half-century of the season- that too in just 21 balls. This was done against the Deccan chargers team and he is amazing with his bowling skills as well. He was also able to gain the man of the matching crown in the finals of the first season against the Chennai Super Kings. In the year 2011 Player Auction, he was grabbed by the Kolkata Knight Riders for his quick abilities and right from that moment, he has been able to be an integral part of the same team as well. In a total of 134 matches, he made 2761 runs at a strike rate of 146.78 which is indeed amazing.
- Kieron Pollard– He is another all-rounder who has been termed as one of the finest players of the Carribean islands. He first emerged in IPL in the 2010 auction and after the bid; he was taken by the Mumbai Indians. He performed perfectly and had the Best strike rate in IPL 2013 against Chennai Super Kings and thus helped Mumbai get the crown. He scored unbeatably 60 off 32 balls and reached a target of 148. He has been setting up scores to 1958 runs with a strike rate of 147.99 in a total of 106 matches.
- AB de Villers– He is called the superman of cricket and he literally does not have anything on his list that he cannot do. He went for the Highest Strike Rates in IPL 2011 for the Riyal Challengers Bangalore and he has shown his expertise in a skilled manner. He has been able to score 3257 runs at a strike rate of 149.33 in 120 matches.
- Chris Gayle– He is the most destructive player till date and a nightmare for many of the bowlers. He emerged in ILP in the year 2009 and played for Kolkata Knight Riders. In the fourth season of the IPL, he was taken by the Royal Challengers Bangalore team and he played a blast there as well. His best strike rate is getting to an unbeaten 175 runs in just 66 balls.
- Virender Sehwag– He has been an icon in the world of IPL and in the 104 matches, he has scored 2728 runs, and that too at a strike rate of 155.44. His Highest Strike Rates in IPL 2014 were when he played for Kings XI Punjab and was appointed the mentor for the same in 2016.
Best Strike Rates in IPL 2017
|1||T. Southee||Mumbai Indians||2||7||233.33|
|2||M. Johnson||Mumbai Indians||2||7||233.33|
|3||A. Soni||Gujarat Lions||3||7||233.33|
|4||D. Chahar||Rising Pune Supergiant||3||14||233.33|
|5||B. Cutting||Sunrisers Hyderabad||4||51||196.15|
|6||C. Lynn||Kolkata Knight Riders||2||125||192.31|
|7||M. Guptill||Kings XI Punjab||2||73||192.11|
|8||D. Christian||Rising Pune Supergiant||7||59||184.38|
|9||G. Maxwell||Kings XI Punjab||9||193||178.7|
|10||A. Tye||Gujarat Lions||6||53||176.67|
Also Read: Highest Paid IPL Player in 2017 and IPL 2017 Winner PredictionNow that you know about all five of them, Tell Us – who do you like the Most among them and Why?